Always mindful of the need to preserve your private life and secure the details you have, MoversUp complies with the laws in place with regard to the preservation of privacy and personal data.
The collection and processing of your personal data shall take place in accordance with the provisions of Law No. 78 – 17 of 6 January, 1978 on information technology, files and freedoms as amended and EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of personal data.
In order to allow you to browse and communicate on our website with complete peace of mind, we have put in place a charter on confidentiality. We reserve the right to modify this Charter on the grounds of adjustments to the MoversUp website or the laws in force.
Personal data collected:
1.1. Online forms on the website
The personal details gathered is the information you freely send when you fill in one of the website’s online forms, to request an deal for one of MoversUp ‘s services on our Platform, to contact MoversUp or to give your feedback regarding the quality or disappointment of the services provided.
- Your contact information includes: username, first name, email address, smartphone and/or landline telephone numbers.
- In this scenario, if appropriate, details related to the transfer: location and pick-up place, date planned of relocation, justification for moving the furniture, any specific conditions related to the move (conserving furniture and transporting vehicles) when obtaining a quote for removals services and/or storage of furniture.
- Where appropriate, where the vehicle is being required for a quota operation, the vehicle’s transport data: destination location and pick-up locations, planned transport and map dates, and vehicle type.
- Where appropriate, the shipping details relevant to the distribution in question: address of destination and withdrawal, planned delivery date, and amount of parcels in the case of request for a quotation for a parcel service.
MoversUp can not include, by necessity, the resources available on its website, except in particular to plan except connect with you the quotes requested and to address your questions and feedback.
Cookies are tiny quantities of knowledge about the devices that you use, which is processed in the Web server (computer, laptop, cell phone). Cookies can be conditional or permanent. In your computer permanent cookies are saved for up to 13 (13) months. Each time you shut the tab; temporary cookies vanish.
Cookies are used to:
- Ensure the platform works properly; allow the usage of all resources available at the web, in particular to ask for an online quotation, register for alerts and newsletters; access a personalized portal; find shipping products.
- Make it easier for you to browse the site, especially by saving your IP address and your quotation requests, online on the site.
- Conduct platform maintenance and build site user reports, including the amount of users, the sites you have most visited, the period you are linked to the internet, the type of software used, the sites from which you have reached the internet, search engines and the geography from which you have reached the site.
MoversUp obtains your consent prior to depositing cookies.
You may modify the user settings to either allow or reject cookies and block or disable cookies already put on your computer. You can set up the browser software to save cookies on your machine or to reject them, either systemically or according to whom they are issued. You can also set your browser software to ask if you want to accept cookies or not before you can save a cookie on your computer.
Every browser has a specific setup with regard to how cookies are handled. The setup is listed in the help menu of your browser, and you will know how to change your preferences for cookies by checking this information:
- For Microsoft Edge™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
You can also consult the website of the National Commission for Information Technology and Freedoms (“CNIL”), where you will find instructions on how to configure the most commonly used browsers, at the following address: http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/conseils-aux-internautes/ or consult the ‘Help’ section of the browser you are using.
Processing of personal data:
MoversUp is the data controller of your personal data
Your personal data is processed by MoversUp for the purposes of its activity, namely:
- Processing quotation applications, sending quotes, contacting users following preparation of quotes or for preparing a specific quote
- Control users who demanded touch on the website
- Respond to user opinions and comments
- Answer users’ questions and complaints and provide customer services
- Create and manage personal accounts of customers: the personal data are used to identifies customers and enables them to access certain features of the website, particularly the progress of the services that are entrusted to them
- Conduct marketing activities, such as contacting users for commercial offers and updates
- Submit alerts and notifications
- Conduct research on happiness
- Organize advertising events
- To provide relevant commercial offers and information, analyze personal data of users
- Test and improve the offered site and services
- Manage software for access rights, rectification, termination, protest, transmission limitations and personal data portability of consumers
Recipients of personal data:
The approved employees of the Consumer, Advertising and/or Commercial Division of MoversUp and the approved employees of MoversUp data processors who are needed to access personal details for their duties, including IT services providers and technical services providers, shall obtain the personal data.
Without your explicit and previous consent or in the conditions listed below, MoversUp shall not disclose its personal information to any other third party:
- In conjunction with court proceedings, MoversUp could be forced by statute to reveal your personal details, or bring a case and/or argument against it
- MoversUp can even disclose your personal details if it feels the disclosure is essential or appropriate in the interests of national security, law enforcement or for some other public reason
- MoversUp can also reveal the personal details if it considers the disclosure to be sufficiently appropriate to improve or secure the enforcement of this clause
- MoversUp may lawfully pass all personal details to its receiver in the case of a restructuring
Your personal data will only be kept for the period strictly required to meet the objectives for which it has been collected and processed.
All sensitive details involving you used for advertisement purposes shall be kept for a term of three ( 3 ) years from the date it is obtained on the web.
Any personal information you receive from cookies will be retained for thirteen (13) months from the date of collection on the website. MoversUp undertakes to destroy or make your personal data anonymous once the necessary periods of time to reach the goals for which it is being processed are over.
MoversUp offers a free service for subscribing to updates and newsletters from MoversUp. Subscribers receive information about MoversUp, transport and international removals at regular intervals. Unless you give your advance and express consent, MoversUp undertakes not to use your personal data for the purposes of marketing, in particular for the sending of promotional messages, news, subscriptions to the newsletter, or any other operation related to the provision of information.
You may withdraw your consent for the receiving of marketing messages at any time by clicking on the erasure link included in the electronic marketing messages that are sent to you, or by editing the settings in your personal account or by sending an email to [email protected]moversUp.com.
You have a number of rights set out below by the law on the protection of personal data.
You have the right of access to your personal information at all times.
The right of correction allows you to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you.
The freedom to object encourages you to object to storing your personal details, whether you have valid grounds for doing so.
Throughout the situation laid out in an extensive review of laws, the freedom to control access allows you to regulate the access of your personal details.
This right to portability of data allows you to receive and transfer your personal data to MoversUp, under the terms stipulated in the current legislation, and to another data controller.
In situations set out in an extensive review of laws, the privilege to withdrawal allows you to remove your personal details.
You can revoke your permission at any time for MoversUp to process your personal details.
In addition, you are entitled to determine what happens after your death with regard to the retention of your personal data, the erasure or communication of your personal data after your death, by providing directives, in general or in particular. You are hereby notified that you are free to identify a person responsible for the execution of your instructions and that you may at any time change or revoke such instructions.
The following contact details shall give you the right to exercise your rights of access, rectification, eradication, objection, processing restriction, portage of data, the right to make instructions concerning retention, erase or transmission of your personal information and express your desire to withdraw your permission to process your personal data.
- By email: [email protected]
MoversUp will strive, within reasonable time periods and, if necessary, within the time limits laid down in the applicable regulations, to respond to your request.
In addition to processing the requests, if required to prevent the possibility of illegitimate applications, MoversUp shall take the appropriate steps to check the identification of the individual submitting the application before entry.
You are also allowed, if you feel that moversUp has committed a violation of your personal data rights, to file a lawsuit with CNIL and to file a lawsuit against MoversUp in the competent judiciary. If an infringement is identified, the damage to which you suffer can be rewarded fully and effectively.
Finally, you have the right not to take a decision based exclusively on automated processing, even profiling, which has legal effects or similar effects on you.
Security of personal data:
MoversUp makes every effort to ensure the safety and privacy of your personal data, to prevent damage or distortion and to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing it and using it inappropriately. MoversUp makes every effort.
MoversUp promotes technological and operational steps, in particular, to ensure that the personal data is properly secured:
- Entry to personal data collection and monitoring
- Installation of MoversUp IT network management program
- Anti-virus and firewall software
- External data security and encryption
- Restricting the connection by username and password to the registry
- Random review of all security strategies
- IT communications encryption sent to MoversUp partners
- Protection of currently used physical documents
- Safe archive in a secure depot of old physical files